Saturday 25 February 2012

Sound Resolution

The sound is a key piece in our exhibition. I've chosen to analyse the album "Shock value II" by the producer Timberland in reference to digital audio resolution. The majority of Timberland's production contain voice manipulation and with this album there is a particular emphasis of distortion in both instrumental and vocal parts of the songs.



We went to the sound recording studio and recorded Karis and Kia speaking. I used the different types of distortion effects on the clips so the audience has to pay closer attention to what they are saying then try to link then to the photos. I also rearranged the clips and then edited all the clips to get and used the pan to add a surround sound effect. The first time I made the clip my group said it was too muffled so I changed it so their voices were a bot more clearer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment